100 Good Wish Quilt......For my GIRL!!!

To welcome and celebrate a new life, there is a tradition in China to make a Bai Jia Bei or "100 Good Wishes Quilt". It is a custom to invite 100 people to contribute a single square patch of cloth. The 100 patches are sewn together into a quilt that contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the family and friends who contributed a piece of cloth.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

#19- MACKENZIE, BC


This lilac color is becoming one of my favourite colors. I just love this square as it is soo perfect for a little girl. Dawn is another online buddy adopting from China. She & her husband have 3 boys and are waiting for their little girl!! I really hope that one day we will get to meet!!!
The wish is also beautiful.....thanks so much Dawn!!!

1 Comments:

At July 19, 2006 1:29 PM, Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Your Welcome...but you forgot....we have "4" boys!!!! lol

(That's ok, I "forgot" you were with the "Waiting Childrens" group!! ;)

Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home