100 Good Wish Quilt......For my GIRL!!!

To welcome and celebrate a new life, there is a tradition in China to make a Bai Jia Bei or "100 Good Wishes Quilt". It is a custom to invite 100 people to contribute a single square patch of cloth. The 100 patches are sewn together into a quilt that contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the family and friends who contributed a piece of cloth.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

# 73- 76- MOOSE JAW, SK

So....these 4 pieces also came in Angela's envelope (below post) today. She had told me about some of the different Asian prints she had, and I had to have some. So we made a deal!! I tried to offer Angela $5.00 for these squares, but she said she didnt want that much. We settled on $3.00.....what a deal I got!! Well when it came time to mail my square and wish to Angela I only had $2.00 in US money....now what?? I decided to send along a CDN $2.00 coin. I hope Angela hasnt seen one yet. Thanks Angela...Your a sweetheart!!!

Chinese children celebrating Chinese New Year!!!









Chinese Fortune Cookies




Chinese girls with their umbrellas





The kitty cats dressed in Chinese!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home