100 Good Wish Quilt......For my GIRL!!!

To welcome and celebrate a new life, there is a tradition in China to make a Bai Jia Bei or "100 Good Wishes Quilt". It is a custom to invite 100 people to contribute a single square patch of cloth. The 100 patches are sewn together into a quilt that contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the family and friends who contributed a piece of cloth.

Monday, July 24, 2006

#34- CONQUEST, SK

I love this Chinese fabric. I have a square in red and now in black!! This is from my cousin Alyssa who is going into grade 11. Alyssa is so much like I am, a typical "tom girl". She is so pretty, has the coolest blue color eyes and full of piss & vinegar all the time. Thanks Alyssa and the wish is perfect also!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home