100 Good Wish Quilt......For my GIRL!!!

To welcome and celebrate a new life, there is a tradition in China to make a Bai Jia Bei or "100 Good Wishes Quilt". It is a custom to invite 100 people to contribute a single square patch of cloth. The 100 patches are sewn together into a quilt that contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the family and friends who contributed a piece of cloth.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

#2- VICTORIA, BC


What a fun Chinese fabric!! And the wish is so beautiful. This is from my friend Amy, Emerson & Katie. I use to work with Amy until she moved to Victoria last year. I miss her so much and especially not being able to see her daughter!!! One day I will make it out Amy.....Thanks so much!!

1 Comments:

At July 04, 2006 10:40 PM, Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Hi Kim!!!

I really really love your blogs!! I love how you have "Quilts In Progress" on here!!

I'd LOVE to trade squares with you!!! I only need a few more then I can turn it all over to my quilting friend!!

Email me at ddbuhler@telus.net and I'll send you my address and you can send me yours!!

Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home